SAU 101 Part-time Business Administrator
Part time (20-30 hours/week) position for certified or certifiable experienced School Business Administrator for newly formed SAU in Wakefield NH beginning July 1. Single K-8 school, high school students are tuitioned. Days and salary negotiable. Position would be ideal for a retired or retiring BA. Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or call 603-547-0362 weekdays after 4 pm.
Christine Tyrie – SAU 101
ConVal Business Administrator/Business Manager
NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC SCHOOLS SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT #1 CONTOOCOOK VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Peterborough NH 03458
Full time 261 Days/year – Mon-Fri Full benefits package Start date July 1, 2017
TO APPLY – GO TO www.convalsd.net
CLICK ON CAREERS AND FOLLOW THE PROCESS The District maintains the flexibility to fill this position as a Business Administrator or a Business Manager. If a Business Manager, the expectation will be to attain a Business Administrator's Certification.
POSITION TITLE: Business Administrator (BA)
SUPERVISOR: Superintendent of Schools
• Certification or certifiable as a School Business Administrator
• Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Business Education Administration, Finance, or Accounting and/or
• Training and/or experience in school business management, including at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity
• Experience in public school administration preferred.
• A knowledge of applicable RSA’s and regulations as it relates to the total range of financial planning and reporting within a school business setting
• Demonstrated ability to actively participate in district wide strategic planning.
• Financial, information systems, and facilities experience preferred
This position is responsible for the planning, administration and conduct of the business affairs of SAU #1, in accordance with state laws, policies and practices of the School Board and the direction of the Superintendent of Schools. The BA is responsible for the continuous review of and recommendations for change in the business policies of the district, for the direction and administration of other assigned projects, for the developing and staffing of these functions in accordance with SAU #1 Board policies and the direction of the Superintendent.
Newport School District – Financial Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To administer the business affairs of the School Administrative Unit in such a way as to provide the most effective use of financial resources available.
1. Three – five years’ experience in financial management and accounting. Three years in governmental accounting. Preferred – direct experience in finance in an educational institution.
2. Preferred, Certification by New Hampshire Department of Education as school Business Administrator, or CPA / CMA.
3. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is an administrative position within School Administrative Unit #43. REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
1. Compiles necessary statistical data for the preparation of the fiscal budget.
2. Develops forms and procedures for the collection and review of budget requests and is responsible for the approval of budget requests in non-instructional areas
3. Provides estimates on costs of alternate proposals and programs, and on available income for the annual budget and for long-range planning.
1. Initiates contacts with vendors relative to supply and equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders and contracts.
2. Obtains and studies comparative prices and quotations.
3. Prepares all bidding documents, including notice to bidders, instruction to bidders, specifications and forms of proposal.
4. Reviews all bids received and selects contractors. Manages work in process
5. Monitors all purchase requisitions to determine correctness of information, price extensions, and coding information and authorizes all expenditures.
1. Establishes and implements a program of accounting and reporting for the financial affairs of the district.
2. Maintains general, revenue and appropriations ledgers on an encumbrance basis.
3. Maintains a continuous internal auditing program for all funds.
4. Prepares reports to the proper staff officials concerning the status of their budgetary accounts.
5. Supervises the prompt and accurate payment of all district obligations.
6. Submits a monthly statement to the Superintendent detailing the status of appropriation items and the analysis of problem areas.
7. Prepares financial reports as required by state and federal agencies.
8. Completes applications for state and federal funds.
1. Assists in recruiting, screening, evaluating, hiring all business office staff.
2. Consults with the Superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to the districts business affairs.
3. Negotiates contracts for the districts insurance programs, reports accidents, handles details of claims, and administers proper premium payments.
4. Negotiates contracts for health and dental plans and administers proper payroll deductions for these plans.
5. Supervises office personnel who provide accounting, AP, and payroll services.
6. Coordinates the financial aspects of the special education.
7. Reviews all bids received, select contractors and manage work in process.
8. Negotiates any financial loans, bonds or other borrowing by any member district or SAU.
9. Participates indirectly in contract negotiating by providing figures and financial advice as requested.
10. Assist Food Service Director to ensure programs are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Evaluated annually in writing by the Superintendent of Schools The Newport School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is subject to Newport School District policy, rules, and regulations.