SAU 101 Part-time Business Administrator
Part time (20-30 hours/week) position for certified or certifiable experienced School Business Administrator for newly formed SAU in Wakefield NH beginning July 1. Single K-8 school, high school students are tuitioned. Days and salary negotiable. Position would be ideal for a retired or retiring BA. Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or call 603-547-0362 weekdays after 4 pm.
Christine Tyrie – SAU 101
Newport School District – Financial Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To administer the business affairs of the School Administrative Unit in such a way as to provide the most effective use of financial resources available.
1. Three – five years’ experience in financial management and accounting. Three years in governmental accounting. Preferred – direct experience in finance in an educational institution.
2. Preferred, Certification by New Hampshire Department of Education as school Business Administrator, or CPA / CMA.
3. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is an administrative position within School Administrative Unit #43. REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
1. Compiles necessary statistical data for the preparation of the fiscal budget.
2. Develops forms and procedures for the collection and review of budget requests and is responsible for the approval of budget requests in non-instructional areas
3. Provides estimates on costs of alternate proposals and programs, and on available income for the annual budget and for long-range planning.
1. Initiates contacts with vendors relative to supply and equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders and contracts.
2. Obtains and studies comparative prices and quotations.
3. Prepares all bidding documents, including notice to bidders, instruction to bidders, specifications and forms of proposal.
4. Reviews all bids received and selects contractors. Manages work in process
5. Monitors all purchase requisitions to determine correctness of information, price extensions, and coding information and authorizes all expenditures.
1. Establishes and implements a program of accounting and reporting for the financial affairs of the district.
2. Maintains general, revenue and appropriations ledgers on an encumbrance basis.
3. Maintains a continuous internal auditing program for all funds.
4. Prepares reports to the proper staff officials concerning the status of their budgetary accounts.
5. Supervises the prompt and accurate payment of all district obligations.
6. Submits a monthly statement to the Superintendent detailing the status of appropriation items and the analysis of problem areas.
7. Prepares financial reports as required by state and federal agencies.
8. Completes applications for state and federal funds.
1. Assists in recruiting, screening, evaluating, hiring all business office staff.
2. Consults with the Superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to the districts business affairs.
3. Negotiates contracts for the districts insurance programs, reports accidents, handles details of claims, and administers proper premium payments.
4. Negotiates contracts for health and dental plans and administers proper payroll deductions for these plans.
5. Supervises office personnel who provide accounting, AP, and payroll services.
6. Coordinates the financial aspects of the special education.
7. Reviews all bids received, select contractors and manage work in process.
8. Negotiates any financial loans, bonds or other borrowing by any member district or SAU.
9. Participates indirectly in contract negotiating by providing figures and financial advice as requested.
10. Assist Food Service Director to ensure programs are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Evaluated annually in writing by the Superintendent of Schools The Newport School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is subject to Newport School District policy, rules, and regulations.
SAU 56 Accounting Assistant
January 1-June 30, 2018
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma in any field from an accredited institution
• Degree in any field from a certified college preferred
• Experience in financial processing and reporting systems, payroll, grant funding
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a complete, systematic set of records of all financial transactions in the School District
- Prepare and process payroll for all districts including all payroll deductions required by statute or requested by employees
- Records and reconciles financial statements with appropriate organizations
- Reconciles all payroll and accounts payable checking accounts for the SAU #56
- Prepares all federal payroll reports such as form 941
- Prepares monthly closing of the accounts for all districts
- Assists the Business Administrator in reconciling appropriation accounts monthly
- Assists in all other business functions as requested by the Business Administrator
- Process and deposit daily cash receipts
- Maintains all necessary records related to both Federal and State Grants
- Prepares quarterly state reports for Federal Funds
- Process monthly Federal and State monthly and annual reports
- Process all invoices for payment
- Process the manifests for all districts, including monthly purchase order encumbrances
- Process all purchase order encumbrances
- Maintains appropriate level of confidentiality
- Provides assistance in other general office related functions
All other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator Mail cover letter, resume, 3 current letters of reference, and transcripts to SAU 56, 51 W. High St., Somersworth, NH 03878 by November 27, 2017.
Raymond School District – Raymond, New Hampshire
Raymond is a community steeped in New England tradition located in southeast New Hampshire, twenty minutes from Manchester and half hour from Hampton beach. Raymond has easy access to Interstates 95, 93 and 89, all within a 20 mile radius of the town. The population of Raymond is 10,236. There are three schools; Lamprey River Elementary School, Iber Holmes Gove Middle School and the Raymond High School and one School Administrative Unit, SAU 33. Enrollment for 2017-2018 school year is 1,284 students.
Position Type: Full-time/Exempt
- This position is responsible for the planning, administration and conduct of business affairs of SAU 33 in accordance with the state laws, policies and practices of the School Board and the direction of the Superintendent of Schools.
- To oversee budget, finance, purchasing, facilities, technology, transportation, food service and risk management for the District and the SAU.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Classify, report and analyze all financial records of the District
- Develop the annual budget timeline
- Participates directly and /or advises in the collective bargaining process
- Works closely with Human Resources to coordinate employee information, pay, benefits, timekeeping, leave, CBA requirements, etc.
- Develops and implements processes to mitigate or reduce risk to the Board and the District
Position Reports To: Superintendent of Schools
Business and Finance Staff, Facilities Director, Food Service Director and Technology Director all report to the Business Administrator.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business finance or closely related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Certified (or certifiable) as a School Business Administrator by the NH Department of Education
- Training and experience in public school administration preferred, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of applicable RSA’s and regulations as related to financial planning and reporting within a school business setting
- Knowledge of local, state and federal financial reporting requirements, including GASB and GAAP
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations as they relate to public school facilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software; knowledge of MUNIS software
Special Position Requirements:
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of budgets to the School Board and Budget Committee and the community
- Reliable transportation requires for travel between building and off-site conferences
- Frequent evening meetings
- Maintain effective relations with, and act as a resource for School Board, Budget Committee, CIP Committee, staff students vendors, public agencies, media, private organizations and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within the District and throughout the Town of Raymond
The application packet must include: cover letter, resume, application, copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, proof of certification and three current (within 1 year) letters of reference. Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit the INTERNAL CANDIDATE JOB APPLICATION FORM with supporting documents.
1. The Raymond School District and SAU 33 only accepts applications for currently posted positions.
2. All applicants for certified, professional and administrator level positions must submit original transcripts and a copy of certification or statement of eligibility. All applicants must submit three letters of recommendation.
3. Interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates on the basis of education, experience and other qualifications
4. Only those applicants who have been interviewed will be notified of the hiring decision.
5. Any offer of employment is contingent on a pre-employment physical according to RSA 200:36 and criminal background check with the cost paid by employee in accordance with RSA 189:13-a.
6. A completed W-4 and I-9 (proof of eligibility to work in the US) are required. Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Raymond School District and SAU #33 does not discriminate in its education programs, activities or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, language, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran, marital or citizenship status. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Genetics Information Nondiscrimination Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and RSA 354-A.
Interim Business Administrator
SAU 19 Goffstown, New Hampshire
SAU 19 is looking for an interim Business Administrator. The initial interim position is expected to be filled in January of 2018 and has the potential to extend through June of 2019. Both full-time and part-time qualified candidates will be considered for this interim assignment.
The Business Administrator is responsible for all business administration functions and acts as a general advisor to the Superintendent on all business management matters. This position oversees budget, finance, purchasing, facilities, transportation, food service and risk management functions within the SAU and its respective Districts.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and management of the annual budget process for each respective Board with written narrative explanation of all receipts and expenditures
- Proper classification of all income for each district
- Establishes an efficient system of recording all past and current operating expenses and to classify such expenditures in accordance with the State Accounting Guide
- Administration of all district expenses approved by the Superintendent and respective Board
- Monthly reports on the condition of the budget to each respective Board
- Preparation and presentation of periodic financial statements covering all District funds to the Superintendent and School Boards
- Supervises the keeping of all school district ledgers.
- Contract bidding and negotiations
- Purchasing and inventory control
- Student transportation
Qualifications and Skills:
- NH certification as a Business Administrator as outlined in Ed 506.03
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting related position with progressive responsibility
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience with facility and property management, risk management, pupil transportation and food service is preferred
Salary and Benefits:
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
A completed online application including a letter of interest, resume, three current signed letters of recommendation, certification, and official transcripts must be submitted through our online application system by Monday, January 1, 2018. Equal Opportunity Employer