SAU 101 Part-time Business Administrator
Part time (20-30 hours/week) position for certified or certifiable experienced School Business Administrator for newly formed SAU in Wakefield NH beginning July 1. Single K-8 school, high school students are tuitioned. Days and salary negotiable. Position would be ideal for a retired or retiring BA. Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-547-0362 weekdays after 4 pm.
Christine Tyrie – SAU 101
Newport School District – Financial Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To administer the business affairs of the School Administrative Unit in such a way as to provide the most effective use of financial resources available.
1. Three – five years’ experience in financial management and accounting. Three years in governmental accounting. Preferred – direct experience in finance in an educational institution.
2. Preferred, Certification by New Hampshire Department of Education as school Business Administrator, or CPA / CMA.
3. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is an administrative position within School Administrative Unit #43. REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
1. Compiles necessary statistical data for the preparation of the fiscal budget.
2. Develops forms and procedures for the collection and review of budget requests and is responsible for the approval of budget requests in non-instructional areas
3. Provides estimates on costs of alternate proposals and programs, and on available income for the annual budget and for long-range planning.
1. Initiates contacts with vendors relative to supply and equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders and contracts.
2. Obtains and studies comparative prices and quotations.
3. Prepares all bidding documents, including notice to bidders, instruction to bidders, specifications and forms of proposal.
4. Reviews all bids received and selects contractors. Manages work in process
5. Monitors all purchase requisitions to determine correctness of information, price extensions, and coding information and authorizes all expenditures.
1. Establishes and implements a program of accounting and reporting for the financial affairs of the district.
2. Maintains general, revenue and appropriations ledgers on an encumbrance basis.
3. Maintains a continuous internal auditing program for all funds.
4. Prepares reports to the proper staff officials concerning the status of their budgetary accounts.
5. Supervises the prompt and accurate payment of all district obligations.
6. Submits a monthly statement to the Superintendent detailing the status of appropriation items and the analysis of problem areas.
7. Prepares financial reports as required by state and federal agencies.
8. Completes applications for state and federal funds.
1. Assists in recruiting, screening, evaluating, hiring all business office staff.
2. Consults with the Superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to the districts business affairs.
3. Negotiates contracts for the districts insurance programs, reports accidents, handles details of claims, and administers proper premium payments.
4. Negotiates contracts for health and dental plans and administers proper payroll deductions for these plans.
5. Supervises office personnel who provide accounting, AP, and payroll services.
6. Coordinates the financial aspects of the special education.
7. Reviews all bids received, select contractors and manage work in process.
8. Negotiates any financial loans, bonds or other borrowing by any member district or SAU.
9. Participates indirectly in contract negotiating by providing figures and financial advice as requested.
10. Assist Food Service Director to ensure programs are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Evaluated annually in writing by the Superintendent of Schools The Newport School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is subject to Newport School District policy, rules, and regulations.
SAU 56 Accounting Assistant
January 1-June 30, 2018
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma in any field from an accredited institution
• Degree in any field from a certified college preferred
• Experience in financial processing and reporting systems, payroll, grant funding
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a complete, systematic set of records of all financial transactions in the School District
• Prepare and process payroll for all districts including all payroll deductions required by statute or requested by employees
• Records and reconciles financial statements with appropriate organizations
• Reconciles all payroll and accounts payable checking accounts for the SAU #56
• Prepares all federal payroll reports such as form 941
• Prepares monthly closing of the accounts for all districts
• Assists the Business Administrator in reconciling appropriation accounts monthly
• Assists in all other business functions as requested by the Business Administrator
• Process and deposit daily cash receipts
• Maintains all necessary records related to both Federal and State Grants
• Prepares quarterly state reports for Federal Funds
• Process monthly Federal and State monthly and annual reports
• Process all invoices for payment
• Process the manifests for all districts, including monthly purchase order encumbrances
• Process all purchase order encumbrances
• Maintains appropriate level of confidentiality
• Provides assistance in other general office related functions
• All other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator
Mail cover letter, resume, 3 current letters of reference, and transcripts to SAU 56, 51 W. High St., Somersworth, NH 03878 by November 27, 2017.